Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Michael Row The Boat Ashore Halleluiah



Clicked this photograph during 2006 Christmas holidays when I happened to tour down to Aleppy Backwaters in Kerala India with family (Thanks to my Poet friend Melvyn Rodrigues and his family who made this possible). Out of the total 4 days stay in Kerala, spending a whole day and night in a house boat was quite memorable.



More than the title, this picture reminds me of pop legend Rod Stewart  singing with his husky voice:

I am sailing
I am sailing
Home again
Across the sea
I am sailing
Stormy waters
To be near you
To be free

Of-course the person in the picture who seems to be an European Tourist is not sailing stormy waters rather rowing his boat alone on the serene backwaters of Kerala.

Meanwhile, the lone rower also reminds me of the poem “The Solitary Reaper” by William Wordsworth, we had in 7th grade at St. Francis Xavier’s School Udyavar, Udupi, India. Being a student of Kannada Medium, trying to read and understand English poetry was not at all an easy task.


Isn’t it nice to spend a quite morning being much closer to the nature, away from the routine lifestyle for a while? Well, I look forward for another such trip.



If this you've enjoyed reading this post, please do leave a comment by clicking comments tag below.  Thanks.

No comments: