Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Remo Fernandes - India, I Cry

It was on a cold night in 2006 I had an opportunity to witness Remo playing live at Hotel Le Meridien Mina Sayahi, Jebel Ali where he gave a fusion concert (East meets West) along with British Rock Band "Jethro Tull".

Ian Anderson of 'Jethro Tull' has one thing in common with Remo Fernandes or vise versa. He is a master of Flute just like Remo. I cannot forget the way he stood on stage posing like "Krishna" (ಮುರಳಿ ಮನೋಹರ) playing Flute. Remo's "Flute Song" won great response from the audience comprising mostly of Europeans and few Indians asking for more.

I have been a fan of Remo since my school days. The first number I remember having heard of Remo is titled as "Ocean Queen" probably from his maiden album.

I look forward to hear him singing more for India, our country. Long live Remo, long live true patriotism.






India, I cry / I cry, India

You were the world’s spiritual flower,
Now you’re just a starving nuclear power.
We’ve built the tall, ivory tower
While the slums outside, grow by the hour.
Your ministers rape you,
Your neighbours love to hate you
Your people forsake you
Your movies stagnate you
Your gods divide you
Your godmen misguide you.
Your devils in disguise,
are on the rise!


India, I cry / I cry, India
Goa, I cry / I cry, Goa


Paradise of sea and sky
How we suck and bleed you dry
We can’t look you in the eye
As we watch you …slowly die.
Your miners corrode you
Your Princess erodes you
Your builders dig your grave
Your protectors just the slave
Your sons fight each others
They have no unity
They have no guts to move their butts
Against the enemy


India, I cry / I cry, India
Goa, I cry / I cry, Goa
India, I cry / I cry, India

No comments: